Saturday, March 13, 2021

 2021 Let's Go!

Since the 2021 Nashville Needlework Market was cancelled, Janis of Noteworthy Needle decided that a virtual Needlework Expo would do the trick! Wow...what a lot of work she put into it and what a success it was/is. Designers signed up and began creating their "booths" with their new designs, best sellers and sale items. We "manned" our booths with the ability to chat on camera with the shop buyers. Shops could browse the booths, chat live or message and place their orders in real time. Although the "virtual" part is over, the booths remain open to registered shops for message orders for the remainder of the month.

So...busy, busy, busy...printing, folding, bagging charts and filling orders. Several lengthy trips to the Post Office with boxes and envelopes! 

Here are my new designs that premiered at Needlework Expo:

A Stitcher's Wallet

Store your stitching tools and threads for your project in one place. Create two pockets: one to hold your scissors and one to tuck your threads into. Pre-thread several needles...the thread will cling to the flannel lining. I sewed a cotton "ruler" ribbon on one of the pockets and a decorative piece of lace trim on the other. General finishing instructions are on the pattern. More detailed finishing instructions along with pictures will be on this blog shortly.
                    
Tuck into the pockets what you need, fold over and tie shut with your ribbon and put in your project bag...everything in one place!
~

                                            God Shed His Grace
I finished this patriotic piece covering foam core boards with fabric. (Truth be told, I didn't have time before Needlework Expo to have it framed.) General finishing instructions are on the pattern. More detailed finishing instructions along with pictures will be on this blog shortly. I like the finish and think it sets the piece off better than a frame might have...so...happy I ran out of time! The little George Washington ornament I purchased during my last visit to Mt. Vernon. I've become a collector of George since finding out that I'm distantly related (my 7 times great grandmother was his grandmother's sister...cousin George!) 

                                                *Hope Blooms
Hope Blooms is this year's *Ripple Effect Pattern. These patterns sprang from an idea of Meg Ripple's. An avid stitcher, Meg asked if I would design cross stitch patterns of inspiration for her fellow cancer patients.  Although Meg lost her battle with cancer, I carry on her vision with a Ripple Effect Pattern each year.  The Nebby Needle's profits from these patterns are donated to the American Cancer Society each year in Meg's memory. As an almost 15 year breast cancer survivor myself, I chose to stitch the flowers in this design in pink.

                                                Into The Garden
Gardening is a very close second to stitching for me (as reflected heavily in this year's designs). I love being outdoors and digging in the dirt! I've put in several raised beds (tall ones) for growing veggies and am expanding the garden again this year to plant even more. Nothing like fresh from the garden veggies!!! There are flowers and herbs surrounding the raised beds as well...to deter the deer, rabbits and other critters...and to make it look pretty. It is, after all, in the sunny front yard. Our backyard is too shaded to grow much to eat.

                                            I Live In The Garden
Yes...from Spring until Fall I pretty much do...except for after dinner when I stitch until bedtime!

If you see anything here that you would like to stitch, contact your favorite shop and get your request in. If shops participated as a buyer at the Needlework Expo, they can order now. If your shop did not participate, they will have to wait until the beginning of April to order from the distributors.

Thanks for stopping by!
~*




2 comments: