Saturday, March 27, 2021

 Finishing Instructions: God Shed His Grace


I cut a sturdy piece of cardboard slightly larger than the stitched piece. I used a piece of batting sandwiched between the stitched piece and the carboard, wrapping the stitched piece around both and securing in the back with acid free Stitchery Tape. (If you prefer, you can lace your piece.)


Fold the corner in and bring the sides in to miter the corner.

Lay your stitched piece on some potential fabrics you may have or at a fabric shop to choose your finish fabrics.

I then covered two pieces of foam core with my chosen fabrics, again securing the fabric on the back with Stitchery Tape. I centered each piece and used E6000 glue to secure them. 
You may have a supply of trims that might work as well. I used a gold trim from Simplicity that I thought looked good with the America lettering. 
After gluing all three pieces together, I used a toothpick to apply glue to the joint of the stitched piece and red fabric covered piece and pressed the Simplicity gold trim around the edge of the stitched piece a little at a time. I started and finished at the bottom center.

I always love to see your finished pieces whether you finish them as I do or change them up as I so often do with other people's designs. You are welcome to share them here or on The Nebby Needle facebook page. Let your creativity flow!

Bonny  ~*

 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you!
    Very nice of you to put finishing instructions on your blog.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice finish! Love this pattern. Could you please tell me the name of the pattern and its designer? Would love to stitch this for my Veteran husband!
    Thank you! ‘Nette

    ReplyDelete
  3. So silly me!! After doing an hours worth of research to find this pattern, I see that you’re the designer!!! ‘Nette

    ReplyDelete