Tuesday, December 24, 2013

And All Through The House...

Christmas Eve . . . the tree is finally trimmed:
Our daughter arrived safely on Sunday and we decorated the tree last night . . . she appreciated that we waited for her.  The gifts are wrapped.  Some of the baking is done . . . will get to the rest of that today.

I had an ornament design in mind when I saw these cute laser cut wooden snowflakes at Michaels.  I managed to make just one for our EGA ornament exchange.  (If we could just get more than 24 hours in a day I might get more done).  They're quick and easy and I'll make more of them next year . . . when I start my Christmas stuff in July!

I stitched a simple little snowman head . . . thought he needed a hat.  I didn't chart the snowman but I think you can easily see the stitches in the photo.  I cut out two cardboard circles the size I wanted and a little batting for the snowman side.  I stitched around each circle of fabric and pulled the stitches tight around the cardboard disks.  I then glued the two disks together with some PVA glue . . . this stuff is great!  I then chose which snowflake I wanted and glued the disk in place.  I glued a little chenille around the disk . . . seemed to need a finished edge.

Have a very Merry Christmas and a Healthy, Happy and Stitchy New Year!!!

~*

3 comments: