Monday, November 14, 2016

I'm Back!

Sorry about being gone so long.  My father passed away in August and we brought my mother (who has dementia) to stay with us for 7 1/2 weeks before getting her moved into an Assisted Living facility near us.  It's been a challenging several months but, I've managed to get a lot of stitching done. 

Two new designs are out there in "stitchin' land".  The first one released in September was 'Tis Autumn stitched on 36 count Picture This Plus - Wren.





And the more recent one:  Dance By The Light Of The Moon stitched on 30 count Picture This Plus - Dawn.  "Framed" this one with red plaid felted wool strips, added felted "pennies" with snowmen buttons (from Just Another Button Company) to the corners and backed the pillow with red felt.
The cute "sweater" pillow in the background was a gift from my dear friend Jenny.  She made it from a Goodwill purchased sweater she felted in her washing machine, stitched on a red felt heart and rusty jingle bell . . . too cute!

Got my mother moved in to the Assisted Living facility in the nick of time!  Three days later I was off to the Shepherd's Bush Retreat in Park City, Utah . . . a much needed retreat!!!  I will get my photos organized and post that blog shortly.

They recently met with me at the Assisted Living facility and said that mom needed to be in the Memory Care wing as they were afraid that she was becoming a "wanderer" . . . caught heading out to the parking lot to look for her car (which isn't there) to go pick up my father (who, of course, is no longer living).  They moved her things over there while I took her for a day outing.  A week later I was off to another much needed retreat . . . our local EGA Retreat at Lake Junaluska, NC . . . returning yesterday afternoon.  Got some quilting done on that one . . . pictures to follow!!!

Now . . . it's lunch and then off to the post office to send out some charts that were ordered while I was "retreating"!

~*

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your Father.
    Glad you placed your Mother is a care facility.
    Dementia is such a sad disease.
    Great new designs.
    Love Dance or any design with a Snowman. :)
    Can't wait to see your retreat pics. :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sympathies on the passing of your Dad...and my heart also goes out to you in dealing with your Mom all a very difficult time blessings to find strength ....glad you were able to enjoy and refresh at retreats stitching is so good for the soul.....look forward to seeing pictures...LaNelle

    ReplyDelete